When it comes to hair care, you will find all types of advice. Some will tell you to oil, other not to, some will tell to condition, but other will tell you conditioning will not work. At home, they will tell you oiling is the best approach. And when you visit your hairdresser, will not fail to recommend some new “IT” thing for your hair.
The thing is, everyone seems to have an idea or two to give you. But in the end, it all comes back to you. The choice you make, the style you pick, how you handle your hair extension – all depends on what makes you comfortable.
So how best can you take care of your hair? There are several things you should do for your hair to grow healthy, long and well. Consider these few simple tips we have outlined below.
Check your diet
Many people don’t know this, but diet has everything to do with the health of your hair. The things you eat, what you drink and anything else that goes into your body makes quality of your hair great or poor.
Different genders have different hair care needs. But one thing we all have in common is to achieve a head full of healthy, beautiful thick tresses.
The hair on the head is composed of dead cells. Such a relief that it does not hurt when you cut. However, it plays a vital role in the body.
Hair is often described as a symbol of beauty on a human being. Which is why feeding your hair the right food makes sense.
Use a lot of iron and protein. These are the major components of hair. As much as hair is the fastest growing cells in the body, they are vulnerable to deficiency. If you don’t feed it the right food, then it will not grow well.
If you eat iron-rich foods such as leafy vegetables, fish, pumpkin seeds and beans which can be a great asset for your hair. On top of that, add chickpea, soybeans, and cereals. Many doctors recommend a measure of about 12 mg of iron daily.
Protein makes your hair strong. Well many people don’t know this but, your hair cells are made of proteins. If your daily diet can have proteins rich in amino acids, then you are good to go. Milk, soy, cheese, lentils peas, and yogurt are all rich in proteins.
Even though the hair outside on top of your scalp is deceased, everything under the scalp is very much alive. That is why hair keeps growing.
Home-made hair masks are great
Some of the hair masks are sweet and edible. Others, however, are quite smelly, but they are all important for improving your hair. Make the hair masks using the following tips.
- Egg, curd and mastered oil. If you have dry hair, this is the best solution you will ever get. Eggs contain vitamin A, B12, D and E. They also have fatty acids and proteins that strengthen your hair roots and natural condition it. Vitamin B12 increases the quantity of your hair.
- Avocado and peppermint. Did you know that avocados have meat protein, butterfat, vitamins, and minerals all in one fruit? Simply mash some avocadoes and add a few drops of peppermint oil, then apply to your hair. Let it rest for about 20 minutes before wash.
- Olive and coconut oils & egg. If you are looking to grow your hair very fast and effectively, this is a remedy you should try. Warm a small amount of coconut oil, add about two eggs after it cools then finish with about two tablespoons of olive oil. Apply it generously to your hair. You hair will love you for it. You can thank me later.
Oil your hair regularly
Conditioning your hair for time to time is important. But your hair care should not stop there. Applying oil in your hair gives it certain minerals, vitamins and fatty acids necessary for effective growth. Most hair experts recommend using coconut oil as it shields the hair from sun damage and dandruff. It can also come in handy in removing sebum build-up resulting from hair follicles – in turn; you get accelerated growth.
For those with hair falling issues, consider using olive oil. There are some other ingredients you can combine in to make it better for you.
- Use olive oil with honey and cinnamon powder. Apply the powder on your hair and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Leave in conditioner, oil and cream (LOC) method. This is one of the greatest methods. Start with some water, then light coconut oil or almond.
Keep it cool
For most people, the best choice to have curls or perfect waves is using dryers, straightener or curler. But there are better, more natural ways of achieving this. If you must use iron, then get some serum to go with it. Otherwise, you will only need to look for better ways of handling your hair. Consider the following procedure.
- Bend forward from your waist, positioning your hair in a towel.
- Grab the ends of the towel and press your head down on the towel and start twisting. Continue twisting as you stand.
- Keep twisting the hair with the towel to look like two sausage rolls besides your ears.
- Clip and secure the twisted towel and let it stay like that for some time. This will help with creating some waves and texture in the hair.
- Opt for flexi rods, perm rods or plastic rollers.
Use deep condition
Deep conditioning is the best way to handle your hair. Simply conditioning after every wash is good, but you should think bigger. From time to time, wash your hair with shampoo and towel dry after rinsing. Then apply a large amount of conditioner into your hair right from the root. Then use a comb with a large tooth to run through your hair until it is well kept. This helps to ensure the hair is getting that extra TLC that it craves from time to time.
You can use different ways to take care of your hair, and you will receive advice from all corners. In the end, you will always find something that works for you. Try the tips we have shared above, and you will see a big difference.
About the Author
Candice Hall is the Marketing Manager of Dynasty Goddess Hair, with a factory in Thailand & Office and Shipping Center in West Palm Beach, Florida, they are one of the top retailers in Virgin Remy Hair Extensions in the USA.