Mixing and matching pieces of clothing and accessories is a daunting task for many women. There’s just so many considerations you need to make such as the colour palette you should use, the style you want to portray and of course, the occasion.
To help you figure things out, we created this ultimate style guide. We included various tips and tricks used by a lot of fashion and style gurus.
Say yes to neutral hues
Black, white, beige, brown, and metallic coloured clothes work well any event. You can wear them to work, corporate parties, casual events and even on ordinary days.
As such, you need to invest in at least a few pieces of clothing in neutral shades.
Neutral colour styling tips
These are by far the easiest colours you can play with. You can pair them with other neutral or metallic shades. You can also wear them with bold prints and patterns.
- Wear a black halter dress with a layered necklace and red pumps to a party.
- Don’t be afraid to use different tones and add layers of texture to keep things interesting.
- Accessorise your outfit with a printed accessory or pair of shoes
- Keep your makeup fresh and light
Look posh and chic in denim
Denim is probably the most versatile type of material used to make various fashionable pieces. It’s simple, timeless, classy and super comfortable.
How to rock a denim look
Since denim comes in various colours and texture, you can mix and match them with almost anything.
- Denim jackets for women can be worn with a crop top, floral blouse, lace skirt, or even a fancy dress.
- Pair your stonewashed jeans with a plain white tee. Then accessorise with a colourful necklace and bag.
- Wear denim overalls with your favourite winter sweater and a pair of white sneakers.
Wow the crowd with bold patterns
Not a lot of women are confident to sport printed garments. And it’s quite understandable because printed clothes can either be a hit or miss.
How to style bold prints
If you haven’t tried wearing pieces of clothing that come with bold and eclectic patterns, you’re definitely missing out on a lot of things.
To rock any piece of printed clothing or accessory, you can use the following tips:
- If you plan to wear a printed dress, blouse or sweatshirt, avoid wearing too many accessories.
- Stick with one pattern and pair it with neutral colours like black, beige and white.
- Avoid wearing textured fabric if you’re already sporting a printed shirt or trousers.
Spice it up with a bright coloured outfit
It’s so easy to turn heads when you wear a vibrantly coloured outfit. This type of outfit can make you look fresh, happy, and energised even on a stress-laden day.
How to stand out with colourful clothes and accessories
Every woman should have a colourful garment in her wardrobe.
They work for almost any occasion. The only challenge is to choose the perfect colours to wear. To avoid becoming a fashion disaster, here are some tips you can use as your guide.
- Use the colour wheel as your guide, most especially if you’re not sure which hues best suit the style that you want to rock. A few examples of complementing colours are yellow-green and violet, blue-green and red-orange and blue-violet and yellow-orange.
- Don’t forget to consider your skin tone. Choose colours, tones and shades that complement your skin. For example, if you have green or yellow undertone, you can try experimenting on honey gold and peacock blue. For women with blue undertones, go for dark shades like sparkling grape and cerise.
- Go all out on your colour choices. You can use some of the trendiest colours in the fashion industry today like avocado green, cherry red, whisky brown, fuschia pink, and digital blue.
- In case you want to use a monochromatic palette, look at the colour of the biggest piece of clothing that wear. Based on that, you can add jewellery, shoes, coat, and other items that come in a lighter or darker shade.
You can look absolutely stunning with our crazy simple fashion and style tips above. Look good all year round this coming 2019 with our professional style guide.