It is simple to sort out the watches that you see on internet in those that you really like, and those you don’t. But, watches are the precision instruments and need to stand lots of abuse. So, how will you know the right watches you can buy on internet lives up to the expectations? Here we will check out on how you are assured of having what you will expect when you are buying Rolex buyers Houston.
Anatomy of Watch
There’re the specialist names for every part of the watch. So, here are some definitions for some highly confusing and obscure terms:
- Case: Might refer to box the whole watch comes in, and metal part encasing its bezel, face, hands and more.
- Bezel: The area outside face that secures crystal to rest of your watch and bezel can rotate.
- Dial: Known as a face – area incorporating hands and base below them
- Crown: Knob in a middle of your watch face
- Subdial: The smaller date and timer dials set in the main dial
Water Resistance in Watches
The water resistance ratings perhaps are the commonly misunderstood (sometimes misrepresented) features of the watches. The watches with the water resistance ratings below 200m are called as dive watches (though they are suitable to dive down to bottom of 1.5m pool), you can get 0m water resistant watches that are hard sold and suitable to ever get sweaty. Here is the practical guide on watches’ depth ratings:
- 0 m water resistant: It is suitable for the dress purposes, keep the climate controlled
- 50 m water resistant: It is suitable for the sweaty weather, and can withstand the accidental splashing. And not suitable to do dishes.
- 100 m water resistant: It is suitable for doing dishes, surface snorkeling and lap swimming
- 200 m water resistant: It is suitable for the free diving without any scuba gear
- 300 m water resistant: The true diver’s watch and they are very less common and expensive.
Standard watch band sizing for the men’s watches is 18cm. This band length doesn’t include watch face, thus if you ever want to test on how particular model can fit at home prior to buying this watch online, check the length of case. You can add your estimated length, cut piece of paper as well as sticky tape this around wrist to help to estimate length of the band you will need.
Remember if you ever find the watch design that you love, but band will not fit you properly, it’s possible to buy different designs of the standalone band and go ahead with it.