Summer has finally arrived, and everyone’s clamoring to get to the beach for some sun and fun. If you like to be trendy and fashionable no matter where you are, check out the top beach looks being sported around the world for the summer of 2013. Be casual and sporty, or chic and glamorous. Whichever look you choose, you can walk the boardwalk or stroll along the water’s edge knowing that you’re rocking this summer’s popular beachwear looks.
Summer of 2013 Beach Looks You Want to be Caught Wearing
- Printed Swimwear. Prints of all kinds, from floral to tribal, are showing up in beachwear this season. Choose from small, large, bold and muted for your swimwear.
- Short Shorts. They’re back! Bare those toned thighs in short shorts this summer. Pair them with a loose-fitting tank or t-shirt. Denim short shorts are especially popular.
- Egyptian-Style Pants. Camouflage your trouble spots or cover up with lightweight, flowy Egyptian-style pants. The gauze fabric won’t make you feel overheated while you stylishly strut your stuff.
- One-Piece Swimsuits with Eye-Catching Colors & Prints. Make a statement with an eye-catching one-piece suit. Go with solid, bold colors if you want a slimmer look.
- Floral Beach Bags. Tote your beach items in style with a colorful, floral print beach bag. Choose one with colors that coordinate with your swimsuit or cover-up.
- Polka Dots. Yes, they’re in again! For a classic, movie-star from the 50s style you can’t go wrong with, polka dots are the way to go.
- Cat Eye Sunglasses. This style first became popular during the 1950s. This year, cat eye sunglasses are showing up all over in everything from solid black to metallic to rhinestone embellished.
- Fashionable Wide-Brimmed Hats. There’s nothing stylish about sunburned skin. Keep the sun off your face and look fashionable at the same time with a wide-brimmed hat.
- Corset-Style Tops. For one-piece and two-piece suits, there’s nothing sexier than a corset-style top. Choose one in a floral print to really jazz up your beach look.
- Loose, Flowy Cover-Ups. A pretty cover-up takes you from the beach to the café. Complement a printed swimsuit with a solid cover-up, and vice versa. Choose a sheer, flowy fabric that provides coverage but isn’t too heavy.
- Embellished Sandals. Look beautiful from head to toe by finishing off your beach attire with comfortable, embellished sandals.
Putting Your Beach Outfit Together
As you put your beach attire together, focus on one eye-catching piece that you’ll complement with subtle pieces. In other words, don’t wear a bold, printed swimsuit with flashy, metallic sunglasses and embellished sandals. Instead of looking stunning, you’ll look like you’re attending a pool-side costume party. Choose one knockout piece, whether it’s eyewear, a swimsuit or fantastic cover-up.
Keep in mind that your flashiest piece will draw attention to that area. To look slimmer and taller, opt for dark colors, vertical stripes and small prints. Above all, have fun with your beach attire so you can look and feel like the star that you are while you relax or play this summer.