Whether it’s in the fashion world or in lifestyle, trends have the tendency to change every now and then. Even when it comes to events and celebrations like Halloween, we see new trends surfacing every year.
What do you think about the trends for Halloween in 2016? Let’s take a look at some trend predictions for this year’s Halloween.
What’s going to inspire the costume trends?
Like every other year, this year’s Halloween costume trend is expected to be influenced by recent movie releases and popular T.V. shows. While we always have a plenty of Batmen and zombies costumes every year along with our own DIY ideas for Halloween, but we should be expecting to see a lot of costumes inspired by the following movies in 2016:
- Deadpool – Yes, Deadpool-inspired costumes are sure to be huge in 2016 with the movie being released in February. Whether it’s as Deadpool himself or other characters from the movie, you will find a lot of people who take their costume inspiration from the movie.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – December 2015 saw the release of the latest movie in the Star Wars film series. This means that people missed out on dressing up as characters from the movie for last year’s Halloween. Plenty of women and little girls are expected to dress up as Rey, while guy would be channeling Kylo Ren’s look.
- The Hateful Eight – Also released in December 2015, this Quentin Tarantino’s latest masterpiece is sure to inspire a lot of group costumes for this year’s Halloween. So get your cowboy hats, ponchos, and cowboy boots together if you plan to dress up as Major Marquis or as John Ruth.
- Suicide Squad – Although it’s yet to be released, but no doubt that the movie Suicide Squad is going to be the best costume inspiration for Halloween 2016. With awesome make-up, you can pull off the revamped Joker or Harley Quinn look for Halloween. Again, this will make a great group or family costume if you have the dedicated to put together a team.
- The Revenant – You’ll probably be seeing several Hugh Glasses from The Revenant this Halloween. Some may even have the sense of humor to get dressed up as the bear. It may be a great idea to plan a group costume consisting of the bear and Glass.
- Captain America: Civil War – Another upcoming movie that’s likely to give costume inspiration to a lot of people. Maybe you’re rooting for Captain America or you’ve always been an Iron Man fan. Which costume do you think will be more popular this Halloween?
- X-Men: Apocalypse – The latest X-Men movie is expected to be released in May and is likely to give you a lot of Halloween looks ideas. With Jubilee finally being introduced into the movies, we might be seeing a lot of women and even little girls dressing up as the mutant with pyrotechnic abilities.
Events to enjoy in Halloween 2016
How will you be celebrating Halloween? While kids and parents may be busy with trick-or-treating, what would you do if you’re too old to go around the neighborhood asking for candies? You may want to go to a party or throw your own house party for Halloween.
Here are a few ideas for Halloween events you could attend in 2016:
- Halloween Horror Nights – Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights received the Best Halloween Event Golden Ticket Award from Amusement Today. In 2016, the event is set to take place on select nights starting from September 16 till October 31. The theme park will come alive with nightmarish ghouls and monsters.You’ll get to explore the park’s haunted houses and enjoy live shows in addition to making your way through scary zones at different areas. It’s the perfect place to spend the scariest night of the year and you could even make it a family affair.
- The Village Halloween Parade – For those who’re in New York City, it might be a great idea to be a part of the Village Halloween Parade for 2016. The event typically lasts between 7:00 PM and 11:00 PM so you could take part in the procession before heading off to the best Halloween parties. Last year’s parade was made up of around 50,000 people in various costumes – from zombies to Donald Trumps.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Families with younger kids can head off to Disneyland for the annual Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The special event will last from September 2 till October 31 in 2016. Kids can have fun trick-or-treating around Magic Kingdom park and take part in the Boo-to-You Halloween Parade. There’ll be fireworks as well, so start making plans to enjoy the event with the whole family.
Trends in Halloween Decors and Colors
When it comes to Halloween decors, the trends remain somewhat the same but may differ according to the theme you’ve chosen. Maybe you’ve decided to go full-on with the Star Wars theme and turn your whole house into a rundown Millenium Falcon?
In terms of colors, however, going along with the traditional Halloween colors is always a good idea. At the same time, you could ditch the orange for darker colors like purples and dark blues. We only have one Halloween each year, so it’s never wrong to go all out with your decors and costumes no matter which year it is.
Brandon Leibowitz, is a seasoned writer at Value Village, global thrift retailer. He is also a contributor to many social media blogs like social media examiner, businesss2community and many more… His knowledge and dedication made him popular on Social Media as a strong influencer.
Gravatar ID: email@example.com